TERMS and conditions
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd supply to trade customers only - we require evidence of business trading prior to any supply to new customers. We reserve the right to reject any application that does not meet our criteria and to withdraw the supply to any customer at our discretion.
- All goods must be paid for in full prior to, or on delivery/collection. Our preferred payment method is BACS/ bank transfer. We require cleared funds and only accept payment by cheque at our discretion.
- Cheques returned 'Refer to Drawer' will incur a £40 charge and future payments will only be accepted by card, BACS or cash.
- All goods remain the property of McGowan & Rutherford Ltd until paid for in full.
- As of 22nd June 2022, payments made by a business credit or business debit card will incur a 2% surcharge. Payments made by personal debit card, personal credit card, or online bank transfer will not be subject to additional surcharge.
- Our minimum order value for dispatch is £450 + VAT, where applicable. Orders to Mainland UK will incur a £45 delivery charge if between £450 and the carriage-paid amount of £800. Please note we only deliver to Mainland UK & Ireland. All other UK and global destinations can be shipped to, but delivery will be quoted on a case-by-case basis.
- Products in the monthly warehouse clearance are being sold very heavily reduced. Therefore, discretionary delivery charges may apply if customer orders consist of mainly these items.
-Deliveries in England - Free delivery on orders over £800 excluding TR and PL postcodes.
- Free delivery to TR and PL postcodes on orders over £1000+VAT, otherwise a carriage charge of £80 is applied.
-Deliveries in Scotland - Free delivery on orders over £800 to the following postcodes: EH, DG FK, KY, G, KA, ML, & TD.
- Free delivery to the following postcodes on orders over £1500+VAT. Otherwise a delivery charge of £80+VAT will
be applied: AB, DD, IV1-28, 30-32, 36, 55-56, 63, 99, KW1-3, 5-14, PA1-19, PH1-26, 30-41, 49-50.
- Free delivery to the following postcodes on over £1750+VAT. Otherwise a delivery charge of £145+VAT will be
applied: IV40-49, 51-54, KW15-17, PA20-38.
- Free delivery to the following postcodes on orders over £2000+VAT. Otherwise a delivery charge of £220+VAT will
be applied: PA41-49, 60-78, 80, PH42-44
-Deliveries in Wales - Free delivery to all postcodes on orders over £800.
-ROI & N. Ireland - Free delivery on orders over £1650+VAT, where applicable. Otherwise a delivery charge of £100+VAT will be applied, once the order has exceeded £450+vat.
- Deliveries to the ROI are carried out via articulated lorry. Arrangements will need to be made if your normal delivery address cannot accommodate this size of vehicle. Deliveries to the following areas are subject to application and may incur additional charges. Our largest items may also be restricted to these areas: West Galway, West Cork, County Mayo, County Kerry, Rural Donegal.
- Approximate delivery times can be quoted when an order is placed. Until a specific date is confirmed by a member of our staff delivery times are approximate and we will not be liable for any consequential loss caused by late delivery.
- Our delivery note must be signed by our customer or their representative on receipt of goods. McGowan & Rutherford delivery drivers will check the correct goods have been delivered and note any discrepancies against the delivery note.
- If an arranged delivery cannot be made due to non payment, or non attendance, a charge of £50 will be incurred by the customer.
- It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure sufficient access is available to safely deliver goods to their premises. Off-loading assistance for the delivery driver may also be necessary.
-The majority of our deliveries are made via a third party carrier service. It's the responsibility of the customer to notify us of any restrictions at the delivery site. We request that all deliveries are made with a tail lift, however, on occasions they might require a assistance with a forklift.
-Our drivers and third party couriers are only able to wait for a maximum of 15 minutes before being unloaded. If they are unable to unload alone and require assistance, but are unable to receive such help, they may be forced to move on as they will have multiple deliveries to do that day. Should a driver have to move on, this will be deemed as a failed delivery any may incur a redelivery charge.
- All despatches are subject to M&R discretion and may need to be amended based on the order volume and courier availability.
-Items noted as 'Oversized Item' may incur an additional charge, depending on the delivery location, size of the overall order, urgency of the overall order and if there is a forklift on site. The majority of our orders are sent via third party pallet courier, these oversized items are too large to fit on one standard pallet, so we may need to charge for a second pallet or hold the order back until we have a van in your area. If you require the order quickly, the pallet company may request a forklift on site to unload the pallet, as a double pallet is too large to fit through the doors of the lorry.
-Our minimum order for goods collected from our warehouse is £300+vat. The warehouse is open Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm by appointment only. Customers arriving without having made an appointment will only be able to view our showroom but may not be able to take their order with them. Orders to be collected must be placed by 3pm at the latest on the day of collection.
- Until goods are in stock, in our warehouse, and listed on our website, any lead times given are approximate. Shipping delays due to customs checks and various other factors can affect the delivery of goods.
- Many of our products are handmade or hand finished. This is how they are intended, and therefore small variations in finish are to be expected. For example, ceramic items can vary slightly in size and shape, as well as potentially contain firing marks, glaze bubbles or runs. Glass products can contain bubbles, or have colour variation. These handmade effects are not faults, and will not be considered to be, with respect to customers wishing to return items to us.
- Minimum order value refers to in stock goods. Items that are out of stock when ordered, can be included as part of a following minimum order value delivery. They will not be dispatched individually.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd reserve the right to alter prices at any time. Although every effort is made to keep prices consistent, there are too many factors outside of our control which affect the cost of an item. Therefore, prices on back orders may fluctuate until shipments arrive in the UK.
- Notification of damages/shortages must be given in writing, preferably with accompanying photographic evidence to email@example.com- We will arrange collection and replacement, credit or refund of any damaged goods only if in their original packing. Cartons must be clearly marked with the customer's business name, invoice number and a description of the fault.
- Collection of damaged goods will be at the discretion of McGowan & Rutherford Ltd and must coincide with local deliveries.
- Only faulty or damaged goods can be returned.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd reserve the right to refuse collection of goods if not packaged and labelled correctly.
- For orders delivered to UK addresses by McGowan & Rutherford, which are then shipped overseas as arranged by customers, any goods must be returned to the UK address which McGowan & Rutherford initially delivered to for any returns to be honoured.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd reserve the right to void any unused credit notes after 18 months from the original issue date.
- As with all customers, proof of trade must be provided by online retailers before opening an account, McGowan & Rutherford Ltd reserve the right to close or refuse purchasing accounts at any time. New applications from customers without retail or commercial premises, or selling from a residential address, may have their accounts refused.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd, with EcomSilver, own the copyright of the imagery, text and design of the website. Customers found to be using any of these elements and promoting as their own, without prior permission with regards to imagery, will have their purchasing account closed immediately.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd does not permit the sale or promotion of their products via multi retailer websites eBay and Amazon, with the exception of, but not limited to, Etsy, Trouva and "NotOnTheHighStreet", where the McGowan & Rutherford Ltd name is NOT permitted to be used as a brand. Any new or existing customers found to be using multi retailer websites to market our products will have their purchasing account closed immediately.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd do not permit their imagery to be used on social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc). Social media should be used as a promotional tool for advertising a retailer's business only, using their own photos, and linking to their own website. Customers found to be arranging private sales, selling through Facebook stores only without having their own website or 'bricks and mortar' shop, or recommending "showrooming" (visiting retail shops to view the product, then returning to buy online) will have their account closed.
- All McGowan & Rutherford Ltd online retail customers must have their postal address and contact telephone number clearly visible on their website.
- Online retailers are not permitted to stimulate the sale of McGowan & Rutherford Ltd products in a manner that could be considered to negatively impact or damage the reputation of McGowan & Rutherford Ltd, or their products. This includes the use of automatic repricing software.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd products are not permitted for sale via customers' websites promoting overly regular/unrealistic "flash sale" events and discount code promotions.
- Online retailers selling returned, damaged or faulty McGowan & Rutherford Ltd products, whether via a clearance section of their website or not, must clearly indicate this in the product category page as well as the individual product page.
- Customers must make McGowan & Rutherford Ltd aware if their business trading name and the registered account business name differ in any way.
- As of 12th November 2020, our sales order processing is now automated. By submitting your order you are confirming that all product, address, and contact information is correct. McGowan & Rutherford Ltd will not be liable, financially or otherwise, if incorrect information has been entered.
- We no longer be allow our customers to remove items from orders that have been picked and invoiced. While additions can still be made at this point, we do not have the staffing capabilities to remove items from orders that have already been picked and packed for dispatch. If items must be removed after invoicing, then a restocking charge will apply.
- McGowan & Rutherford can provide a minimum SSP (Suggested Sale Price) for their products. This price is intended as a guideline to aid retailers, but must not be used for any form of promotion or marketing by the retailer by way of comparison to their retail price.
Thank you for registering for our newsletter.
Please provide valid email address