- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd supply to trade customers only - we require evidence of business trading prior to any supply to new customers. We reserve the right to reject any application that does not meet our criteria and to withdraw the supply to any customer at our discretion.
- All goods must be paid for in full prior to, or on delivery/collection. Our preferred payment method is BACS/ bank transfer. We require cleared funds and only accept payment by cheque at our discretion.
- A service charge of 1.5% + VAT is added to all credit card payments accepted.
- Cheques returned 'Refer to Drawer' will incur a £40 charge and future payments will only be accepted by card, BACS or cash.
- All goods remain the property of McGowan & Rutherford Ltd until paid for in full.
- Our minimum order is £700 for UK and ROI plus VAT, where applicable.
- Delivery is free within England (excluding TR, Truro postcodes), Southern Scotland and the Borders (FK, KY, G, KA, ML, EH, DG & TD codes) and Wales.
- Carriage of £64 is charged to TR postcodes.
- The minimum order for free delivery for ROI, Northern Scotland and Northern Ireland is £1500.
- Carriage of £90 will be charged on orders between £700-£1500 for ROI, Northern Scotland (PA, PH, DD, AB, IV, KW) and Northern Ireland (BT Postcodes)
- We do not deliver to residential addresses.
- Approximate delivery time can be quoted when an order is placed. Until a specific date is confirmed by a member of our staff delivery times are approximate and we will not be liable for any consequential loss caused by late delivery.
- Our delivery note must be signed by our customer or their representative on receipt of goods. McGowan & Rutherford delivery drivers will check the correct goods have been delivered, and note any discrepancies against the delivery note.
- If an arranged delivery cannot be made due to non payment, or non attendance, a charge of £50 will be incurred by the customer.
- It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure sufficient access is available to enable us to safely deliver goods to their premises, and also to assist the driver with off-loading if necessary.
Cash & Carry
- There is a minimum order for goods collected from our warehouse of £100, which is open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm by appointment only. Customers arriving without having made an appointment will only be able to view our showroom but may not be able to take their order with them. Orders to be collected must be placed by 3pm at the latest on the day of collection.
- McGowan & Rutherford recommend that customers book appointments several days in advance, particularly at peak times of year.
- All goods must be checked, by the customer, on collection from the warehouse. No responsibility, under any circumstances, will be accepted by McGowan & Rutherford Ltd for any damages or shortages on goods not checked on collection.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd will only allow collection by our customers, or our customer's employees. We do not allow collection, under any circumstance, by couriers unless by our nominated couriers and with prior agreement with us.
Stock Information & Pricing
- Stock and pricing information is available on our website for registered users only. Prices will not be discussed over the phone.
- Until goods are in stock, in our warehouse, and listed on our website, any lead times given are approximate. Shipping delays due to customs checks and many other factors can affect the delivery of goods.
- Stock information supplied is as accurate as possible. We do not recommend customers to sell/ take deposits on goods not in their possession. McGowan & Rutherford will not accept any responsibility if goods become out of stock and we therefore cannot supply. The sale of goods not owned by the customer is entirely at their own risk.
- All prices listed are exclusive of VAT. VAT is not included with regards to minimum order values.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd reserve the right to alter prices at any time. Orders are executed at prices in force at time of delivery/collection.
- Please inform us of any damages or discrepancies on delivered goods within 14 days of receipt of goods. After this time McGowan & Rutherford will accept no responsibility.
- Notification of damages/shortages must be given in writing, preferably with accompanying photographic evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax 01638 554653.
- We will arrange collection and replacement, credit or refund of any damaged goods only if in their original packing. Cartons must be clearly marked with the customer's business name, invoice number and a description of the fault.
- Where possible, spare parts will be provided instead of entire replacement items.
- Collection of damaged goods will be at the discretion of McGowan & Rutherford Ltd and must coincide with local deliveries.
- Only faulty or damaged goods can be returned.
- McGowan & Rutherford reserve the right to refuse collection of goods if not packaged and labelled correctly
- As with all customers, proof of trade must be provided by online retailers before opening an account, McGowan & Rutherford reserve the right to close or refuse purchasing accounts at any time. New applications from customers without retail or commercial premises, or selling from a residential address, may have their accounts refused.
- Product images on the McGowan & Rutherford website contain a watermark. Online retailers must not use these images for use on their own websites.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd permit their products to be sold using "multi retailer" shopping cart websites (e.g. eBay, Amazon) only with prior consent. Retailers found to be selling our products through these websites without prior consent will have their trade accounts closed immediately.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd do not permit their imagery to be used on social media websites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc). Social media should be used as a promotional tool for advertising a retailer's business only, using their own photos. Listing prices and arranging sales through social media is not permitted. Customers found to be arranging private sales or recommending "showrooming" (visiting retail shops to view the product, then returning to buy online) will have their account closed.
- Online retailers must not use McGowan & Rutherford Ltd's item codes and descriptions for their own internet marketing purposes.
- We do not promote our company name as a brand name and request that all customers do the same. Online retailers found to be using internet search engine optimisation relating to "McGowan and Rutherford Ltd", our products, codes or descriptions will have their account closed.
- McGowan & Rutherford Ltd requests that online account holders have their telephone number and postcode clearly visible on their website.
- Customers must make McGowan & Rutherford Ltd aware if their business trading name and the registered account business name differ in any way.
- McGowan & Rutherford provide a minimum SSP (Suggested Sale Price) for their products. This price is intended as a guideline to aid retailers, but must not be used for any form of promotion or marketing by the retailer by way of comparison to their retail price.
- Under no circumstances shall McGowan & Rutherford be liable for loss of profit or any other economic loss.